Friday, March 7, 2014

On Being a Wimp

I know I haven't been posting much over the past few days and that's partly because I've been into this "being a wimp".  Over the past several days, Charleston has been having what it considers bad weather.  I keep hearing forecasts about serious cold and then possible flooding.  Not to mention that we are still going on about the ice storm and it's aftermath.

I don't mean to be unsympathetic, but realizing what it's like in Chicago and the Hudson Valley and Michigan, I have a somewhat different understanding of those terms.  All I can say about this spell of bad weather in Charleston is that I don't like chilly rain either, but on the other hand, the row of lilies-of-the-valley outside my window are still doing fine, completely undeterred by the weather whatever it may be called.

The result of all this, however, is that when I hear an awful sounding forecast, I tend to decide to stay in and avoid whatever they're predicting.  This means that over the past several days, I have done laundry, organized tax records, and made some calls to figure out some issues with things like insurance and such.  I have also done a lot of reading and knitting.  I'm working on a cowl scarf for myself and trying to finish it so that I can see if I remember how to do needlepoint before I leave.  So no complaints here.  It was kind of nice and relaxing.  And I don't feel that I'm missing out on anything because I still have a few weeks to check out plantations and theaters.  So that's why there hasn't been a whole lot of exciting things to tell you about.  But hang in there.  It should be warm and at least partly sunny this weekend so I'll get back on the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment