Friday, June 7, 2013

Chicago Again

After a second tour at Taliesin, I headed south to Chicago.  Should have been just a few hours and it was going well.  Then I hit the I-90 expressway headed for the south side and Hyde Park and Elly's house.  Oops.  Solid traffic. And then it was stopped, just completely at a standstill.  For someone who's been in the mountains and then the prairies and then the lovely, green backroads of Wisconsin, this came as a startling reminder of urban traffic.  Eventually my urban self kicked back in and I remembered there were surface streets and it should now for sure be well past any rush hour.  Sure.  Well, maybe not so much.  Traffic was at least moving but those stop lights sure slowed things down.  And then the storm hit.  Pouring rain and absolute sheets of lightening.  Thanks for the light show but really, folks, you didn't have to go to all this trouble for my arrival.

Welcome to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment